Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"I think we should go to the hospital"


Lets rewind to my last few weeks of pregnancy.

Looking back at my adventure of being pregnant I would have to say the last month was the hardest part of the entire thing. I will take the constant nausea over the anxiety and stress of "is it time" "are these true contractions" or my favorite 9 months pregnant and its 120 degrees outside. t around 34 weeks I had my usual check up and to our surprise Ryder was head down and had dropped. My doctor was worried so she decided to check me and told me i was at a 1 and 50% effaced. This worried us because my mom was set to leave the country the following week. What if I went into labor while she was in peru... what if she didn't make it home in time. etc etc. Needless to say the week she was gone was stressful, I was having contractions and still working long 12 hour shifts at the hospital so we really thought it was going to be any day. Well that feeling continues for 3 more weeks. The stress of it could happen at any minute drove me crazy. (and im sure everyone else who was around me) Finally at 37 weeks my misery was over.

On Thursday August 4th around 9pm I started having braxton kicks contractions. We didn't think anything of it, but around midnight they had not gone away and they were every 4 minutes. So we headed to the hospital knowing it was going to be a false alarm and we would have to go to work the next day exhausted. Long story short around 2am the nurse came in to tell us "your going to have a baby, you doctor wants you to stay" I wont forget the look on Jared's face when we realized this was it.. Ryder is coming. We sounded the alarm for the Dallas family knowing they would have a drive ahead of them, but waited on the Temple family. This being the first rodeo for the Carruth clan we knew they would be there in an hour of the phone call.
7:59am on Friday August 5th the nurse said its time to start pushing.
8 am Both sets of parents had made it to Austin, Sisters and brothers were moments away.
9:29 am Ryder Emanuel Carruth entered the world at 7lbs 2oz 18.75 inches and perfect in every way.

The moment they laid him on my chest i lost it. He was amazing and I had never loved anyone like I loved this tiny human that was placed in my arms.











No comments: