Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a BOY!

Wow so much has happened the last few days!

Lets start with Sunday: The day before the BIG day!

While I was at work on Sunday I had a couple guesses that sparked my interest. I was talking with a friend and she asked if we were taking guesses on the sex yet. Which of course.. we were :) She goes turn around let me look at your hinny. I laughed and asked why would this be any indication as to what I am having? Her reasoning was that in her experience women who have girls tend to expand all the way around, while women who have boy's their bellys just go straight out. While my belly is very
much in front and round she guessed that I would have a boy. Later in the day I had a patient that asked if I was pregnant. I told her yes I was 5 months. She then told me I was going to have a boy. I was surprised by her quick guess. I asked her why she thought this. She said in her experience women who have girls are shaped like a basketball - more round, while women who have boys look more like footballs-straight out. I tried not to take all this to heart, I mean it really is just a 50/50 chance. I just didn't want to get this picture in my head of what we were having and then on the big day it be the opposite and then maybe not be as excited as I could have been had I kept an open mind. So I worked hard all 20 weeks not to put a picture in my head of what our precious little one was going to be.

THE BIG DAY!
Monday April 4th

Well sleep was not an easy thing to come by but I managed to fall asleep Sunday night. Monday morning was a bit crazy it was storming here in Austin and Dallas had just had a horrible storm as well, so my mom's flight was delayed and it was look
ing like she wouldn't land until about 9:30, my appointment being at 9:50 that wasn't going to work! So my wonderful mother in law came to our rescue and hurried to the airport while I was able to turn around and head to my doctors office. I got to the office and Jared just held me in his arms. I was already starting to get emotional about what we were about to find out. I might have cried a little before we ever even made in into the building.
The tech was so sweet she took her time and explained everything and she went through her measurements and really encouraged us by telling us everything looked perfect. The babies brain, spine, heart, kidneys, bones, tummy and even fingers and toes looked exactly as they should. That in it self was just such a relief! Finally, she goes well are you ready! She moved down to the anatomy and goes well do you know what your looking at, we were just so anxious that we couldn't see anything. I can im so sorry I have no idea what were looking at. she used the little mouse and pointed and said its a little boy part!!!! I about lost it! I looked at Jared and his eyes just said "thats my son." I was teary as she finished the rest of the ultrasound, Jared and I were squeezing each other's hand so tight that I remember not wanting to let go.
We were looking at our SON. Once the tech left to get the pictures and dvd, I absolutely lost it. I was so excited, overwhelmed, blessed that all I could do was just cry.
We went back out into the waiting room to wait on my ob. About that time is when my mom and Jared's mom walked into the waiting room. I had pictures from the sonogram and on the last one, it said Its a boy and it pointed to the boy part. I let them look through them and right as they were about to get to the last picture my nurse walks out to get me. So I hurried them to the final picture and there was hugging and screaming! It was wonderful!
After the appointment we called the family and shared our great news. Jared sadly had to go back to work, so us girls went for a much needed shopping trip. Lets just say that this little boy has enough clothes to last him a while :) It truly was so wonderful to spend all afternoon with my mom's. It was a perfect ending to such a wonderful event!

Let the Celebration begin!
Tuesday April 5th

We decided to hold on on telling our friends and have a party to reveal the gender. BEST decision!
My best friend from college Lauren came down to spend a few days with us and I could not have done it with out her! We decided that cupcakes would really be the best thing because then everyone would have their own little surprise when they took a bite. So we went to HEB and started searching for what we could use to fill the cupcakes. We originally thought the little icing bags with special tips would be super expensive but come to find out they are sooo cheep. SO we were encouraged! We came home and started to work. We first tried to just inject the icing (white icing we dyed blue) into the tops of them , but it wasnt working. So we decided to cut a little hole in the top and fill it with icing then put the top back on. PERFECT!




Let the icing begin The final product

Once people started arriving I seriously wish I could have had a piece of tape or something over
my mouth , it was so hard not to use the words HIM or HE. Everyone was so excited, so we
passed out the cupcakes and counted down...



Team Girl Team Boy

Cupcakes at the ready...



Blue Icing!!!!!

After a time of celebrating and talking all things boy it was time to play an ultimate game of pictionary.. girl vs boy! sadly the boys won.. next time I'm not inviting Jeff.. he is just too good :)

There was so much more things I could write about, conversations that were had, but I will just post lots of pictures instead :)

(well this post isn't letting me post anymore pictures so see continued post)

2 comments:

Nancy Potts said...

I cannot tell you how excited I was to be part of your BIG day. Blessed beyone words, thrilled with the thought of another boy. I would be with a girl too though. Every grandbaby is so special. I cannot wait to meet Baby Filmore Emanuel Carruth! Your party looked like so very much fun. We are so happy that you have such great friends in Austin.

HannahKey said...

Okay, I am officially in TEARS!! A boy!!! I want to have a baby boy so badly. I am so, so happy for you two!! I can't wait to rub your tummy on Saturday and tell that little love how much I love him and can't wait to meet him!

Love you guys :-)

Hannah Key