Monday, February 21, 2011

Heartbeat

On February 8th we officially heard our baby's heartbeat 160 precious beats per minute. It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. My OB Dr. Gooch (who we absolutely love!) came in and told us not to worry that it was pretty early to find it on a Doppler and if we didn't find it we would just have an ultrasound. (I was crossing my fingers we couldn't get it on the Doppler so we could get another picture of our little one) but she just barely touched it to my abdomen and there it was. I immediately had tears in my eyes, I looked over at Jared and he had a look of complete amazement.

It was that moment for me that this entire thing became so real to me. I was not longer just "pregnant" there really is a baby in there. Since then all I can do it put my hands on my little bump and thank God for this little miracle.

My sister and mom had told me to record the heartbeat on my phone so I could share it with them afterwards, but in that moment I was so overwhelmed that I forgot :( So at work the other day I had a nurse friend of mine grab the Doppler from the IMC. We ran into the med room and tried to see if I could get the heartbeat so I could share it with my mom and sister. After a while we heard a heartbeat and in our hast recorded it and ran back to our floor. Well when I listened to it afterwards I realized it was too slow... it was my heart beat. Epic Fail! I was so sad, but my next appt is first week of March.. just around the corner! I promise I will get it this next time sis!

1 comment:

mjohnson296 said...

SOOOOOOO excited for you guys and can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!! Love you guys!!!! Enjoy this special time.....there is nothing like the birth of your first child. Jared has your heart but this sweet baby will take a different part. A part that is so strong that when you see, touch, smell, and hold your precious little one that you will fall instantly in love knowing that God chose THIS baby for you. I love my little MJ's....even the one that isn't perfect in some people's eyes. She still has as much of my heart as the other two. Oh Katie, mommy love is so....strong. You are going to be a wonderful mother!